Admissions open for the academic year 2016-
17 for Grades Nursery- XI
About DPS Whitefield
DPS Whitefield is a franchise of “The Delhi Public School Society, New Delhi” and is affiliated to the CBSE Board, New Delhi. We adhere to the guidelines set up by the DPS Society regarding academic standards, teacher’s recruitment and infrastructure.
Each franchise operates as a special unit, but preference is given to students coming from other DPS schools.
Presently we are upto Class X, and will be starting our Sr. Secondary (Class XI in the academic year 2016-17) Admission details will be furnished in the month of December.
The student teacher ratio in a Class is :
In Pre-primary : Two teachers to forty students along with one maid.
Class I to X : One teacher to forty students.
6 acres of land comprising of two blocks for Pre-primary and Secondary.
A Professional ground(2 acres) with facility of Volleyball, Cricket nets, Football posts & running track for Athletics.
Well equipped Computer Labs, Science Lab and Maths Lab.
Canteen providing snacks, hot meals& drinks.
Day care from 12.30 noon to 3pm.
Educomp Smart Class program (for Nursery – X) designed to empower teachers with technology right inside the classroom, transforming it into a lively platform for learning.
Competitive examinations like Olympiad, MaRRS International Spelling Competition, MaRRS Pre School Bee and ASSET.
6. Special Educator:
DPS Whitefield has engaged Endeavour Extended Learning Services to support children with learning challenges and alternate needs. They provide support through remediation and also provide counseling support to children for any behavioral concerns.
7. Language Options:
UKG to Grade VIII – 2nd Language options – Hindi / Kannada
French*(For students who come from overseas, French is offered as IInd Language in Grade V)
Grade V – VIII – 3rd Language options – Hindi/Kannada/Sanskrit/French/German
8. Paid Hobbies: UKG to VIII (Child can opt for one activity)
Abacus – Brain Power Academy ABACUS is a highly structured, time tested and globally accepted programme in many countries. It activates the brain, enhances calculation speed and accuracy.
Vedic Maths – Conducted by Brain Power Academy, is a unique system of mathematics which enables students to solve mathematical problems with ease and speed through games and puzzles.
Karate – Conducted by Institute of Karate and Allied Arts. Karate will be taught as main course and crash courses will be in Martial Arts, Tar Kwando, Kicks &
Music – Keyboard & Guitar Classes
Classical Dance – Bharatnatyam
Active Sports – We provide special coaching in Cricket, Football& Athletics.
Aero Modeling – Conducted by Skyfi labs, who are pioneer in conducting Aeromodelling classes for vocational training in IIT’s and many engineering colleges.
Robotics- Conducted by Invictus Aerosports. The students will be introduced to the world of Robotics, by teaching them the different mechanisms involved in making a robot, how the robot brain works, the different types of energies available in nature and their model construction.
Drama Classes – By Theatre Professionals, will seek to enhance every child’s learning experience and is open to students of Classes I to VIII. They will teach students how to use body, voice and imagination. It will cover an introduction to puppetry, mask work, storytelling , mime and role play.
Furtado School of Music –Will provide a holistic approach to learning music and will cover proficiency of playing an instrument, history and theory of music. Piano will be the core instrument, along with Guitar, Drums, Violin & Recorders.
9. Evaluation System:
Nursery to class I – Informal Assessments.
Class II to X will have four Formative Assessments and two Summative Assessments. Formative Assessments will include Unit Tests, projects, homework, assignments, quiz etc.
10. Special Weeks :
Each month a week is dedicated to a theme like Science Week, EnvironmentWeek, Art&Craft week, Musicweek, Literary week etc.This has been incorporated to Include and involve the students in activities that go beyond the text book and classroom.
11. Timings of the school(Monday to Friday)
Pre-Primary : 8:30 am to 12.30 pm
Class I to X : 8:30 am to 2.40 pm
Office timings : 9:00 am to 1.00pm (Monday to Saturday)
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR CLASSES NURSERY – IX (2016-17)
1. The application form is available at the School office on payment of Rs. 1,000.
2. Interaction date and time will be allotted after the form is filled up and submitted at the School office, with copy of Birth Certificate and for Classes I-IX, copy of previous class report card.
3. Please ensure that the applicant fulfills the eligibility criteria. Age Criteria as on June 2016.
- Nursery – 2years 10 months
- LKG – 3years 10 months
- UKG – 4 years 10months
- Class I – 5years 10months
4. We would appreciate if both parents come along with the child to the campus 10 minutes prior to the allotted time on the day of interaction. For Classes Nursery to I, the child has to undergo a brief interaction with the teachers first and for Classes II – VII there will be a written test for a duration of 1 ½ hrs (Subjects- English, Hindi & Maths) and for classes VIII & IX the written test will be for 2 hours (Subjects – English, Hindi, Maths & Science) followed by a meeting with the Principal. The decision of the Principal will be final.
5. Keeping the above requirements in mind, parents/guardians should make themselves available for a minimum of 3 hours on the allotted date of the interaction.
6. Selected applicant will receive an e-mail confirmation 3 days after the date of interaction.
7. Documents to be submitted at the time of submission of duly filled application form Please carry 1 passport size photo of the child and 1 each of both parents along with the below mentioned documents to submit the form on the same day.
|Nursery – Class I||Classes II – VIII|
|1. Attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable||1. Copy of report card of the previous class|
|2. Copy of Birth Certificate.||2.Attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable.|
|3. Copy of report card of the previous class|
8. Original Transfer Certificate will be required to be submitted before the beginning of the Academic Session.
Kindly Note: Admission to the Class sought shall be provisional in nature till the submission of the above documents.
In case of an outstation student, the TC has to be attested by DEO/BEO
With best wishes,
Mrs. Kamava Bopana